The Special Ops Helmet is designed for use by special forces where lightweight and minimal interference to visual and hearing functions are essential. The low profile helmet provides excellent compatibility with communications equipment, gas masks, balaclavas etc.
The helmet is constructed from para aramid material and provides lightweight, robust protection from ballistic and fragmentation projectiles and other low energy threats A special harness design provides a stable and comfortable fit with individual adjustment capability. This four point harness is anchored to the shell with ballistic resistant bolts. The harness can be easily removed for cleaning or replacement.
United Shield offers a broad range of helmet constructions to suit threat, weight and performance criteria. The Special Ops Helmet is available to meet NIJ Level II and IIIA as well as bespoke designs to meet specific client needs.
Accessories include ballistic visors, anti fragmentation visors and anti riot visors, neck protectors. Various harness options and pads systems, helmet covers and carrying bags.
- Market Leading Technology;
- Comfortable, cool fit;
- Ergonomic design;
- Extremely Resilient;
- No restriction of head movement;
- Winged: maximum head protection.
- Protection against fragments from V50 450m/sec – V50650m/sec according to STANAG 2920 (17gr FSP) and US MIL STD 662F;
- Different sizes available: Small, Medium, Large and Extra Large (50-66cm head circumference);
- Standard colours are black, navy blue, olive drab. Most other colours are available to special order including IRR paint finishes.