Axiostat® is ready to use and can be cut to suit different wound sizes. They can be delivered through a pool of blood and is simple to apply and remove by a non-medical first responder.
Axiostat® is a sterile, single use, non-absorbadle haemostatic dressing intended to be used for temporary control of bleeding wounds. Axiostat® stops moderate to severe bleeding due to cuts, abrasions, lacerations, puncture or stub wounds, venous or arterial bleeding.
The use of Axiostat is intuitive which is critical in emergency situation and the removal is even easier by irrigating with saline solution of water and gently peeling it off.
Axiostat is FDA approved, has CE 2460, GMP certified and is manufactured respecting the 13485:2016 ISO.
- Composition: Chitosan – 100%;
- Intended use: Stops moderate to severe bleeding;
- Mechanism: Charge-based muco-adhesion and blood-cell aggregation;
- Material: Natural, Bio-compatible, Positively- charged polymer;
- Type: Highly absorbent sponge (absorbs minimum 30x its weight);
- Flexibility: Pliable, conformable to any wound shape, active on all sides;
- Sterility: Sterilized using Gama irradiation;
- Shelf Life: 3 Years;
- Use: Single-use;
- Removal: Irrigate with saline;
- Side Effects: No side effects;
- Implant: Not implantable.