Axiostat® is ready to use and can be cut to suit different wound sizes. They can be delivered through a pool of blood and is simple to apply and remove by a non-medical first responder.
Axiostat® is a sterile, single use, non-absorbadle haemostatic dressing intended to be used for temporary control of bleeding wounds. Axiostat® stops gunshot wounds, scalp and limb cuts, lacerations, avulsions, puncture or stab wounds. Can be used for patients with blood disorders or on blood thinners.
The use of Axiostat is intuitive which is critical in emergency situation and the removal is even easier by irrigating with saline solution of water and gently peeling it off.
Axiostat is FDA approved, has CE 2460, GMP certified and is manufactured respecting the 13485:2016 ISO.
- Composition: Chitosan – 100%;
- Intended use: Stops severe bleeding;
- Mechanism: Mucoadhesion due to change;
- Material: Positively charged, reacts actively;
- Type: Sponge, natural polymer;
- Flexibility: Very flexible, both sides active;
- Sterility: Sterilized using Gama irradiation;
- Shelf Life: 3 Years;
- Use: Single-use;
- Removal: Irrigate with saline;
- Side Effects: No side effects;
- Implant: Not implantable.